Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Kneeprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with Jim Sweeney.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed kneeprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of kneeprints,
other times there were one set of kneeprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or herpes,
I could see only one set of kneeprints.

So I said to Jim Sweeney,
“You promised me Jim,
that if I blew you,
you would go down on me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of kneeprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed your mouth most, you have not been there for me?”

Jim Sweeney replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of kneeprints in the sand,
is when I went down on you.”
-Cocknonymous

No comments: